Pricing As a System®
“Like a human being, a company has to have an internal communication mechanism, a ‘nervous system’, to coordinate its actions.”
— Bill Gates
Are you facing any of these common situations? Looking for better answers to monetize more of the value you create?
- Pricing silos scattered and disconnected across org
- Reporting lines muddied / inconsistent and executive sponsorship of pricing culture absent
- Pricing teams frequently uncoordinated or at odds with other stakeholders
- Limits of authority and delegation for pricing decisions and discounting undefined
- No clear executive mandate or review of trade-offs between growth and margins
- Pricing tools and solutions adopted in local, disconnected manner
- Cadence and stakeholders for periodic review of pricing KPIs and follow-through not defined
- Who is collecting what market intel / pricing research left unclear
- Schedule of executive approval levels and scope not developed
- Expectations for Pricing input into offering design not enforced
- Customers receive multiple pricing offers from uncoordinated stakeholders
- Process and stakeholders and approvers for new product introduction / pricing undefined or not working
- Pricing teams are perceived as tactical implementation resources only
- No time/section set aside for pricing in operating reviews / discussions
The System for Sustained Excellence
Pricing as a System® ensures all Pricing stakeholders act catalysts for each other’s roles, aligned in a system understood and promoted by all. Sadly, in most pricing organizations and cultures, we find the whole is often worth less than the sum of the parts. Pricing is often reduced to silos of limited effectiveness. Decisions get politicized with endless “stakeholder” cooks in the kitchen. Critical performers in the pricing org get disillusioned, act frustrated or leave, risking dysfunction.EBITDA Catalyst
Results That Catalyze
Reverse Auction Pricing Re-Tooling in Manufacturing
- Double-digit growth in key account share
- Double-digit profit margin gain
- “Picking competition’s pockets” (the legal kind)
Pricing Execution At Global Scale
- Nine digit price realization gain
- Improved Pricing as a System® performance
- Pricing talent up-trained and retained
Pricing-Led Turnaround in E-Commerce & Manufacturing
- Double-digit EBITDA margin turnaround
- Record overall revenue
- 25%+ increase in AOV
Tremendously successful … Completely absorbed himself In OUR BRAND
Show more “Tremendously successful … Completely absorbed himself In OUR BRAND”
Pragmatic focus on what Portfolio Company teams can implement promptly with great ROI
Show more “Pragmatic focus on what Portfolio Company teams can implement promptly with great ROI”
Delivered a Lift to Our Pricing Decision-Making Process That Will Drive Both Short-Term and Long-Term Impact
Show more “Delivered a Lift to Our Pricing Decision-Making Process That Will Drive Both Short-Term and Long-Term Impact”
The Session 1 workshop was terrific and SCORE client feedback was very favorable!
Show more “The Session 1 workshop was terrific and SCORE client feedback was very favorable!”
You’re going to deliver … you always do!
You’re my first call if pricing needs come up in the portfolio … the work is frankly better than some of the larger firms that charge a lot more […] You’re g
Our Go-To Partners for Pricing Strategy
EBITDA Catalyst successfully revamped 15-year-old pricing strategy
Show more “EBITDA Catalyst successfully revamped 15-year-old pricing strategy”
Our business has never looked back since we worked on our pricing strategy with you!
Show more “Our business has never looked back since we worked on our pricing strategy with you!”
Knowledge on Consumers and Pricing Strategies Is Very Evident
Show more “Knowledge on Consumers and Pricing Strategies Is Very Evident”
Generously Shared Expertise
It was an absolute pleasure working with Robert. He generously shared his expertise and communicated in a clear, understandable manner. He was proactive, responsive and flexible, and overall a delight to work with!
Many “Aha!” Moments
EBITDA Catalyst helped us zero in on large opportunities to improve value delivered to our customers by sharpening our insights, segmenting our approach and driving pricing execution more consistently. We had many “Aha!” moments from the in-depth pricing analytics they delivered, with follow-on actions improving growth and maturity of our pricing approach. Tens of millions of dollars of growth later, we still use some of the tools and processes we established together, and partner with EBITDA Catalyst for key pricing work. I was very happy to see they were genuinely keen to partner with Sales and secure insight and buy-in from Sales leadership, recognizing the unique role of Sales in positioning pricing initiatives to succeed. Well done guys!
Drive Big-Picture Solutions That Deliver Shareholder Value
Show more “Drive Big-Picture Solutions That Deliver Shareholder Value”
Game-Changing Strategy Shift for Sales
Finally A Highly Capable Pricing Partner!
Drove Lift for Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
Delivered Strong Price Realization
Not a Day Goes By When I Don’t Use Something We Learned From You
Show more “Not a Day Goes By When I Don’t Use Something We Learned From You”
Multi-Pronged Performance Booster!
Brands You Trust Have Trusted Us
Recent Blog Insights
Consumer Brands: Pricing Power Moves for Higher Profits
Note: A version of this article was published in our LinkedIn newsletter, Pricing Power Clarity®. Pricing power – defined broadly In our previous newsletter installments, we proposed expanding the accepted meaning of “pricing power” to include the full toolset of pricingShow more “Consumer Brands: Pricing Power Moves for Higher Profits”
Tesla’s Pricing Strategy: A Taxpayer Subsidy Beggar?
Note: A version of this article is submitted for publication on Seeking Alpha, the world’s largest investor site, where I occasionally contribute on companies that make consequential pricing strategy decisions. Summary Tesla‘s price cuts signal deep distress ahead based on evenShow more “Tesla’s Pricing Strategy: A Taxpayer Subsidy Beggar?”
Value Maps For CPG Pricing Decisions (Part 1)
What are pricing value maps? Pricing value maps are visualization tools that marketers and consulting firms use to illustrate several linked points: Pricing strategy should ultimately be linked to “value,” as measured by the perception of consumers. More specifically, aShow more “Value Maps For CPG Pricing Decisions (Part 1)”
(*)Some companies referenced on this website were served by an EBITDA Catalyst precursor or by current staff of EBITDA Catalyst in an internal leadership capacity.